As we know, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and its multiple tactics allow a website to be positioned organically in search engines.
Despite knowing various factors that influence SEO from optimizing the loading speed of the website, to the content that is offered or the external sites that link to yours, these are changing as search engines and their algorithms evolve. SEO becomes more complex over time and there are always new things that you have to be up to date to get the top positions in the SERP’s (Search Engine Results Page).
Here we mention some trends in SEO that you should be aware of in 2022.
UX and the Core Web Vitals
The UX (user experience) has become a fundamental factor for web positioning. The Core Web Vitals that measure the loading speed, interactivity and visual stability of websites, have become of vital importance for search engines.
The main Core Web Vitals are:
- LCP (Larger Content Image Processing): Measures perceived loading speed and goes for larger content that takes less than 2.5 seconds to load. This factor enhances the user experience on the website.
- FID (First Input Delay): Measures the user experience when interacting with the page. The input lag must be less than 100.
- CLS (Cumulative Layout Change): Measures visual stability through unexpected changes in the visible layout of the page, especially if it is below 0.1.
The EAT Principle for your website
Today, Google value the quality of content much more than the quantity and it do so by applying the EAT principle, which responds to:
- Expertise – content made by an expert on the subject in question.
- Authoritativeness – assesses the authority of the content and the domain of the web.
- Trustworthiness – trusted content across the web.
To improve the EAT of your website, you must write extensive articles, with original content, and as guides. It usually works to write an extensive article with ramifications, that is, with other smaller articles that link to the main post with related content that expands information on the subject matter.
Zero Position in SERPs
The most important position in the SERP’s is position zero or that of the featured snippets, which is the first result that Google returns and the most visible of all. Google continues to work on featured snippets as it has done so far, implementing them in those searches in which it did not appear yet.
Featured snippets are displayed first with an excerpt of the information, the title of the page where this information is located, a URL, and sometimes an image. Displaying featured snippets improves your organic click-through rate and brings more free traffic to your website.
To get featured snippets, position zero, you must:
- Write articles using questions and answers. Put titles that start with “What is it”, “How”, “How do I know”, “How to do it”, “Why”, etc.
- Use lists and enumerations.
- Adding JSON-LD code snippets directly to your website.
- Use SEO plugins that include rich snippet settings like All in One SEO or Rank Math SEO or Yoast SEO.
- Install one of the plugins from the WordPress repository such as Schema by Heshman that allows you to configure questions and answers.
Algorithms with Artificial Intelligence
There is talk of RankBrain, Google’s artificial intelligence algorithm that could determine the positioning of a website in the SERPs throughout 2022. Although many details about the internal workings of the algorithm have not yet been published, it is estimated that the ratio of clicks and the time a user spends on a website will be decisive.
Extensive Content for your Website
The era of 500-word articles is over. Long content is better valued right now and tends to rank better. Articles over 3,000 words get more shares, thus driving more traffic.
So that users, accustomed to reading less and less, do not get tired and leave, we recommend structuring the content into sections using H2 and H3 headings, using lists, short paragraphs and interspersed images and videos.
Voice searches, especially on mobile devices and their assistants, are being used more and more. According to surveys, 58% of consumers use voice search through Google, Siri or Alexa to find information about local businesses and online purchases.
The convenience of voice search, which allows you to search without using the keyboard, suggests that it will supersede conventional searches.
This type of search forces certain changes to be made to web pages, such as: finding out how users ask by voice, establishing keywords, optimizing web data, creating strategies to increase interaction and having a responsive design.
One of the sections that Google audits is accessibility, which takes into account the vision and hearing problems of users with some type of disability. For Google, it is more important that the web be simple and accessible to all users than the design or how beautiful a website is displayed.
There are many factors that affect web accessibility, such as font size, color contrast in links and buttons, etc.
Until now, accessibility is a factor that has not been taken into account when designing websites, but the truth is that accessibility is gaining relevance and it is expected that in 2022 Google will make changes to its algorithm in relation to this aspect.
It’s time to boost your business and position your website! Contact BMT Agency!
At BMT Agency we are delighted to help you develop and execute an SEO strategy that will help you achieve the goals you have set for your business in an environment that is as changing as it is necessary for today’s brands. Contact us and a group of experts will become your best ally in the digital world.